Welcome to Montana Saves
All across America, people just like you are proving that building wealth isn't just for the rich. Members of America Saves are reducing their debts and increasing their savings to reach financial goals. Montana Saves will connect you to tips, tools and resources to help you set and achieve your goals. Take the first step by enrolling in Montana Saves today!
How to Build an $1,000 Emergency Fund in 10 Months
Do you have $1,000 set aside for emergencies? If you already do, you could probably use another $1,000 in that account. Experts recommend keeping at least three months expenses in a reliable, liquid account – though even an extra $1,000 can be a life-saver. But finding $1,000 to save is not always easy. That’s why we’ve put together this 4-step plan on how to save $1,000 in 10 months.
Click here to read more...
To view past articles, click here...
Do you have a financial question?
Personal Finance experts from Cooperative Extension can provide you with information at resources. Visit the eXtension website today.
P.O. Box 172800
Bozeman, MT 59717-2800
Resources for Savers
- Creative Techniques for Finding Money to Save
- $cavenger Hunt for teens 14 - 19
- Solid Finances
- MSU Extension Family Economics
- MSU Extension Savings and Investing Publications
- MSU Extension Grab and Go Programs:
- Choose to Save www.choosetosave.org
- Montana Financial Resource Education Database (FRED)